Last update: 04/28/2013
Malibu Creek Docents have their own website ... PLEASE VISIT:
Visitor Center Information
The park's visitor center is open Noon to 4pm every weekend unless there is rain. The visitor center is located about .7 miles from the lower parking lot on the main trail. The map address for the park is:
1925 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Ventura Fwy (101) to Las Virgenes Rd. South on Las Virgenes Rd. 3 miles to Mulholland Hwy intersection (traffic light). Park entrance is 0.25 miles south of the intersection on Las Virgenes Rd/Malibu Canyon Rd. From Pacific Cast Hwy, north on Malibu Canyon Rd to park entrance on left. Tapia Unit: Entrance is located a mile south of entrance to Malibu Creek State Park. Reagan Ranch: Ventura Fwy (101) to Kanan Rd exit. South on Kanan 0.5 mile. Left on Cornell Way and veer to right. South 3 miles to parking area on left (just past Mulholland Hwy).
Directions to the Park
Directions to Paramount Ranch
Ventura Fwy (101) to Kanan Rd exit. South on Kanan 0.5 miles. Left on Cornell Way and veer to right. South 2.5 miles, entrance is on right side of the road.
Hiking and Safety Tips
Shamelessly taken from Outdoors Magazine
- Ticks are plentiful. Some of them carry diseases. Check your clothing and exposed skin after hiking.
- Southern Pacific Rattlesnakes make the mountains their home. Stay away from them, and they won't bother you. In case of a rattlesnake bite, DO NOT make an incision or try to draw out venom. Splint the extremity and transport victim to an emergency room.
- Wear sturdy footwear -- hiking boots or sneakers with good tread.
- Poison oak can be identified by its clusters of three shiny leaflets. The best way to avoid it is to stay on trails.
- Never hike alone, use the buddy system. That leaves someone to go for help if you encounter trouble.
- Help prevent wildfire. Do not smoke on trails or in brush areas. Do not build fires on the ground.
- Carry plenty of water and drink it. One quart for short walks, more for longer hikes.
This page was first put on-line August 11, 2001.